Forget expensive take-out! With Copper Chef you can make Sweet and Sour Shrimp right at home. This traditional Chinese favorite can be on your table in a flash and can be served as a light addition to a meal or as a meal itself.
Copper Chef Servings for this Recipe: FOUR
1 lb med shrimp peeled and deveined
½ cup pineapple diced
¼ cup onions diced
½ cup green, and red pepper diced
1 cup Sweet and Sour sauce
7 cups of Canola Oil for frying
¼ cup corn starch
2 cups tempura batter
1 cup flour
1 ½ cup club soda (cold)
1 egg beaten
1 tbsp cornstarch
oil heated to 375 degrees
1. In a bowl make the tempura batter first. And keep cold until ready to use
2. Add all the dry ingredients, then the club soda and egg. Mix while adding in liquid, stir until smooth.
1. Add oil to Copper Chef pan, heat on the stove to 375 F.
2. While oil is heating dredge shrimp in cornstarch before dipping in to Tempura batter
3. When oil is hot put the Copper Chef fry basket in the oil.
4. Dip each shrimp in the batter then carefully lower the battered shrimp into the oil.
5. Hold each shrimp by the tail while dipping it in the batter. Then dip the battered shrimp in the oil half way, hold for 2-3 seconds before releasing the shrimp. Repeat until basket is full.
6. When shrimp are golden brown raise the Copper Chef basket out of oil, reserve for later.
7. If need repeat until all the shrimp are cooked
8. In a clean bowl add in the shrimp, pineapple, onion and pepper. Pour in Sweet and sour sauce, toss to mix.
9. Serve over white rice.
Find out how you can order your very own Copper Chef Pan today and watch the Copper Chef: Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe video below: