Is there anything more beautiful and delicious than prime rib? Prime rib is a flavorful, tender, roast cut from the center of the rib section of a steer. It is can be made with the bone in and served with its natural juices, but it’s best when it’s boneless and served with a deep brown crust.
Copper Chef Servings for this Recipe: FOUR
3 pounds boneless rib eye roast
2 sprigs rosemary
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
0.5 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Preheat the Copper Chef pan for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Place the roast in the Copper Chef pan and sear the roast on the meat side or the bottom.
- Chop the garlic.
- Mix the garlic, salt, pepper, herbs and olive oil in a bowl.
- Carefully flip the roast over and rub the garlic herb mix on top.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 1½ -2 hours (test with a thermometer for desired doneness).
- Let roast sit for 20 minutes
- Serve warm.